LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer helps corporate legal and claims departments simplify the invoice review process to control and reduce legal spend, with an average cost savings of 7-15% of legal fees and expenses. Using a combination of machine learning, experienced legal professionals, and LegalVIEW data and analytics, your invoices are consistently analyzed for accuracy down to each line item. If necessary, our team handles the appeals process and refines billing guidelines for ultimate time and cost savings. With our experts handling the bill review and managing interactions between clients and outside counsel, quality of work improves, the life of cases is shortened, and in-house legal teams are able to focus on the matters at hand.
Why implement LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer?
- Drives law firm compliance and consistency with well-defined billing guidelines
- Improves relationship and collaboration with outside counsel by removing the friction that comes from focusing on billing issues
- Frees up in house lawyers to focus more on the matter itself and legal issue at hand
- Provides cost management on legal bill spend with the ability to bring issues to the forefront faster
- Delivers law firm performance metrics and reporting for actionable insights
- Refines guidelines through a consultative approach, fostering communication to shorten the life of cases and drive better value from firms
Wolters Kluwer LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer drives client value by providing:
LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer combines the capabilities of robust, e-billing software and best-in-class legal expertise to help ensure billing guideline compliance and cost management.
Corporate legal executives are increasing scrutiny over litigation management effectiveness to ensure accuracy and cost savings. By engaging our service to manage your invoice review process, your legal department can see average cost savings of 7-15% of legal spend, while also saving in-house resources’ time and promoting higher collaboration with outside counsel.
LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer takes your e-billing investment further through a combination of machine learning to analyze millions of line-items and look for hidden patterns, an expansive database to benchmark invoices against, and a team of experienced legal professionals to perform reviews and handle the appeals.
Unlike most services that only review and adjust invoice line items, Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer, using a precise combination of machine learning and expert legal professionals provides:
- Law firm and timekeeper metrics including specific billing practices, guideline provision violations, and adjustments to non-compliant invoice line items.
- Exception reports that identify recent invoice submissions, categorize compliance results for law firms and timekeepers, segmented as desired, e.g. by matter type, timekeeper role, timekeeper and matter manager.
- Trended insights and metrics reflecting law firm and timekeeper compliance improvement over time, to identify the areas of billing guideline provision violations and related costs
- Stack ranked law firms and timekeeper non-compliance and compliance.
Claims executives continue to increase their scrutiny of litigation practices to tightly manage loss adjustment expense ratios. Legal invoice review is a vital component of legal cost control and predictability, as it uncovers non-compliance with billing guidelines and exposes cost “leaks”.
To safeguard the management of your legal spend, LegalVIEW BillAnalyzer uses a combination of sophisticated machine learning to analyze millions of line-items and look for hidden patterns, an expansive database to benchmark invoices against, and a team of experienced legal professionals to perform reviews and handle the appeals process. As a result, there is reduced burden on in-house staff, improved collaboration with outside counsel, and an average cost savings of 7-15% of legal spend.
Unlike most services that only review and adjust invoice line items, Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer provides:
- Firm or timekeeper-specific billing practices
- Guideline violations and their related cost
- Adjustments to non-compliant invoice line items
- Compliance results segmented by what results you want to see, e.g. matter type, timekeeper role, specific timekeeper, claims manager, etc.
- Compliance improvement over time
- Firm and timekeeper non-compliance and compliance rankings
LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer Thought Leadership
LegalVIEW® BillAnalyzer Product Collateral